This is the Listening Section. Please play the audio by clicking the Play button.
PART 1 QUESTIONS 1 - 10
Questions 1 - 10
Complete the notes below.
Write ONE WORD AND/OR A NUMBER in each gap.
Information about Library Registration
|Minimum joining age:||18 years old|
|Required items:||- 02 I.D. (1)|
|- 02 forms of I.D. e.g. driving licence, bank (2)|
|Cost:||(3) pounds per year (without current student card)|
|Loan policies:||- number of items allowed for members of the public: (4)|
|- borrowing times: 04 weeks|
|- fines start at (5) pounds|
|- computers can be booked up to (6) hours in advance|
|- library holds most national papers, all (7) papers, and magazines|
|- need (8) to use the photocopier|
|Creative writing class:||- tutor is John (9)|
|- held on (10) evenings|
PART 2 QUESTIONS 11 - 20
Questions 11 - 15
Choose the correct letters, A, B or C.
Bicycles for the world
11. In 1993 Dan Pearman went to Ecuador
12. Dan's neighbour was successful in business because he
13. Dan says the charity relies on
14. What does Dan say about the town of Rivas?
15. What problem did the charity face in August 2000?
Questions 16 - 17
Choose TWO letters, A-E.
Which TWO things are TRUE about the charity activities mentioned by the speaker?
Questions 18 - 20
Choose THREE letters, A-F.
Which THREE things can the general public do to help the charity Pedal Power?
PART 3 QUESTIONS 21 - 30
Questions 21 - 25
Which students' name is suitable with the following statements?
Choose FIVE answers from the box and write the correct letter, A-E, next to Questions 21-25.
E Jed, And, and Sue
21. majored in the sociological field:C
22. majored in economics:A
23. studying the second year:E
24. global warming is an urgent issue:D
25. just the environmentalists' opinions:A
Questions 26 - 30
Complete the sentences below.
Write NO MORE THAN TWO WORDS in each gap.
A Survey about Sociology and Environment
26. The global warming effect makes reduced when the temperature rises above 30 degrees.CROP YIELDS
27. Rising sea levels also affect living in lowland area,PEOPLE
28. and other creatures can become as a result.EXTINCT
29. Farmers will not cultivate due to from the rising sea level phenomenon.SALT WATER
30. is also a major concern as everyone will be unemployed.ECONOMIC SLOWDOWN
PART 4 QUESTIONS 31 - 40
Questions 31 - 40
Complete the notes below.
Write ONE WORD ONLY in each gap.
Oxford and Cambridge Universities' History
|- It was the oldest university in the world|
|- It began teaching in 1096 AD, reported by some (31)|
|- It experienced the very first global (32) program in 1190|
|- Student (33) were established in the 13th century|
|- Later, it was a centre for religious and political debates|
|- Apart from religious revival, the (34) era was witnessed in the 18th century|
|- Academic lectures had been prepared for both men and women since 1878 in some colleges|
|- The international students in the university mainly came from (35) region (ranked the top)|
|- Some colleges received undergraduate and graduate students, others only admit (36) students and offer course for continuing education|
|- Its origin place was used to be a/an (37) area of the Iron Age tribe|
|- Later, a (38) was built in this site by the French|
|- At first, students studied the university at other places, e.g. Monasteries, Cathedral|
|- The students' life was officially (39) by the King's orders|
|- (40) had been issued to female students since 1940s|
Please click the red words below for other Sections of this Mock Test:
|Mock Test 12 | Academic Reading Passage 1|
|Mock Test 12 | Academic Reading Passage 2|
|Mock Test 12 | Academic Reading Passage 3|