READING PASSAGE 1
You should spend about 20 minutes on Questions 1-13, which are based on Reading Passage 1 below.
Section 1 (Questions 1 - 7)
To all tenants of Parkside Towers:
Please be advised of the building painting schedule.
Dec. 1-4: Main foyer. Please don’t use the main entrance at this time. [Crack IELTS with Rob] Use the parking garage entrance to access the building.
Dec. 5-8: Garage stairway and elevator. Please stay away from these areas at this time. If you park in the garage, you will have to walk outside to the front of the building to gain access through the main entrance.
Dec. 9-13: East stairway and elevators. [Crack IELTS with Rob] If your apartment is in the East Wing, please use the West Wing elevator or stairway at this time.
Dec. 14-21: West and North stairways and elevators. If your apartment is in these areas of the building, please use the east stairway or elevator at this time.
Dec. 22-27: Parking garage. The garage will not be available to tenants at this time. [Crack IELTS with Rob] In order to avoid illegal on-street parking, spaces in the parking lot across the street will be made available to all tenants.
We are sorry for the inconvenience. If you have any questions or complaints, please contact the building manager.
If you would like to schedule painting for your apartment, please fill out a painting request form, available in the main lobby.
Section 2 (Questions 8 - 13)
Date: 2 August
15A Peacock Lane
For: 1 July to 31 July Total charges: 35 pounds
Previous bill: 29 pounds
Payment: -29 pounds
Total due: 35 pounds
We must receive your payment in full by 21 August or a late fee of 2.50 pounds will be assessed. [Crack IELTS with Rob] Please make out your check to EnviroElectric company and mail it to:
PO Box 30682
Or, pay by credit card:
Cash payments may be made by visiting any branch of the Bradfield Bank.
Account questions? Call (01 223) 385-9387
For repair service, call (01 223) 385-9856
Questions 1 - 7
Complete the sentences below.
Choose NO MORE THAN THREE WORDS from Section 1 for each answer.
Write your answers in boxes 1-7 on your answer sheet.
1. It’s December the 3rd, the is being painted.MAIN FOYER
2. It’s December 7th, you can enter the building through the .MAIN ENTRANCE
3. It’s December 12th, you can reach a tenth-floor apartment in the East Wing by the or stairs.WEST WING ELEVATOR
4. On December 15th, you can reach a sixth-floor apartment in the North Wing by the or elevator.EAST STAIRWAY
5. On December 24th, you can park your car .ACROSS THE STREET
6. If you are unhappy about the painting schedule, you can talk with the .BUILDING MANAGER
7. If you want to have your apartment painted, you should look for a in the lobby.PAINTING REQUEST FORM
Questions 8 - 13
Answer the questions below.
Choose NO MORE THAN THREE WORDS AND/OR A NUMBER from Section 2 for each answer.
Write your answers in boxes 8-13 on your answer sheet.
8. How much did Mr. Robertson pay on his electric bill in June?29 POUNDS
9. When is his July bill due?AUGUST 21ST
10. How much extra will Mr. Robertson owe if his payment arrives after the due date?2.50 POUNDS
11. Where is the EnviroElectric Company located?EAST BRADFIELD
12. If Mr. Robertson wants to pay cash, what should he do?VISIT BRADFIELD BANK
13. If Mr. Robertson thinks the company has charged him too much, what should he do?CALL (01 223) 385-9387