READING PASSAGE 2
You should spend about 20 minutes on Questions 14-27, which are based on Reading Passage 2 below.
Section 1 (Questions 14 – 20)
A. Introduction to computing
This 10-week course is for those with only a little experience but no confidence in your computing skills. [Crack IELTS with Rob] It aims to help you to get to know your way around the computer, to understand the jargon and to use the basic applications of word processing, database and spreadsheets. Fees: 25 pounds payable at start of course.
B. Computer Literacy and Information Technology
A certificated course offering three or more modules chosen from, e.g. word processing, database, spreadsheets, spreadsheet graphic data and computer art. This course is suitable for those with a basic understanding of computers. Fees: 10 pounds per module, payable at start of course.
C. Integrated Business Technology 1
This 30-week program consists of five set modules that must be successfully completed in order to gain the intermediate level Certificate in IBT. Word processing, database, spreadsheets, spreadsheet graphic data and integrated documents are all covered. [Crack IELTS with Rob] This is a challenging course leading to a good level of accuracy, presentation, business understanding and skill. Entry qualification – Certificate in Computer Literacy and IT. Fees: 75 pounds payable at start of program, or 25 pounds payable at the start of each 10-week session.
D. Text/Word Processing Levels 1, 2 and 3
Students wishing to apply will be assessed and entered for the appropriate exam course. All abilities are catered for, including absolute beginners with no previous keyboard experience [Level 1 group]. Fees: 20 pounds, 25 pounds or 30 pounds according to level. Additional examination fee of 10 pounds – both payable in advance of course to reserve a place.
E. Integrated Business Technology 2
Six set modules must be successfully completed in order to gain the certificate for this 60-week course. The modules will include Electronic Communication, File Management, Source Data Processing, Automated Presentation Production and Publication Production. This is a high-level course aimed at further developing business understanding, presentation and effective computing skills. [Crack IELTS with Rob] Applicants must have the IBT intermediate level certificate and an intermediate level qualification in Desk Top Publishing, as well as experience of using email. Fees: 125 pounds payable at start of course only. Booking essential for course places.
Section 2 (Questions 21 – 27)
Enrol Now at Your Centre
Welcome to our new Adult Community Education brochure.
You will find a wide range of learning opportunities which reflect the County Council’s commitment to community-based adult learning.
How to join a course
Our courses are very popular so we advise you to enrol early to avoid disappointment.
- By post: complete the booking form and return it together with your cheque to the main center organizing your course.
- In person: at one of our main centers. [Crack IELTS with Rob] Details of opening times can be found under the information for each centre.
- At an information week: this is held at our main centers prior to the beginning of term. You can meet your tutor to make sure you have chosen the right course before you enrol.
- At the first session: only if there are places available, so please telephone the centre beforehand.
- You can telephone your main center for the latest information on the availability of courses.
- Ask for a course description sheet, which will give you more details on the suitability of each course.
- Come to a main center at the beginning of term where you can talk to members of staff.
- Visit our website at www.midland.edu.uk/adult
Lifelong learning for all – additional needs
We aim to accommodate students with disabilities into our provision wherever possible. Your main center can give you information on special equipment and/or individual learner support which may be available to enable you to join our course. [Crack IELTS with Rob] Disabled access does vary from center to center, however, so please check with your center before enrolling.
Many of our centers offer creche facilities, which are staffed by experienced and qualified workers. Please book early, as places are limited.
How much do courses cost?
The prices are displayed in three bands and are inclusive of tuition and registration fees. However, there may be additional costs such as examination fees, materials and books. You can find out about these at the main center.
Band A: Full fee.
Band B: Fee payable by people over the age of 60.
Band C: Fee payable by low-income groups on recognized benefits.
NB If you are claiming a reduction in fees you will be required to bring evidence of your entitlement when you enrol, and at the start of each term.
Questions 14 - 20
Look at the information in Section 1 (Questions 14 -20) to answer the below questions.
The Section has five computer courses, A-E, match the following statements.
Write the correct letters, A-E, in boxes, 14-20, on your answer sheet.
NB You may use any letter more than once.
14. People who know nothing about computers can join this course.D
15. This course does not lead to any formal qualification.A
16. Students can pay for parts of this course at different times.C
17. This is an advanced-level course.E
18. Those applying for this course only need one relevant qualification.C
19. Students on this course can choose the number of components they want to do.B
20. Students have to pay extra money to take the final test on this course.D
Questions 21 - 27
Complete the sentences below with words taken from Section 2 (Questions 21 - 27).
Choose NO MORE THAN THREE WORDS for each answer.
Write your answers in boxes, 21-27, on your answer sheet.
21. People who mail their applications have to send a together with payment.BOOKING FORM
22. Before all the courses start, the main centers hold .AN INFORMATION WEEK
23. It is not always possible to enrol at of popular courses.THE FIRST SESSION
24. For more information about course content, students can talk to tutors, check the website or request a .COURSE DESCRIPTION SHEET
25. Many centers have special facilities and services for students with physical problems, but not all centers have .DISABLED ACCESS
26. Course fees only cover the cost of .TUITION AND REGISTRATION
27. People such as senior citizens and those with little money can get a .REDUCTION IN FEES
Please click the red words below for other Sections of this Mock Test:
|Mock Test 5 | Listening Test|
|Mock Test 5 | General Reading Passage 1|
|Mock Test 5 | General Reading Passage 3|