READING PASSAGE 2
You should spend about 20 minutes on Questions 15-27, which are based on Reading Passage 2 below.
Section 1 (Questions 15 - 20)
The Murgatroyde Corporation Employee Manual
Chapter 8: Professional Development Requirements
All employees of the Murgatroyde Corporation are required to attend fifteen hours of professional development workshops or classes in each calendar year. While there are many opportunities provided Q15by the company, professional devel opment hours can also be earned externally at local training centers, colleges, and other locations.
Listings of upcoming professional development opportunities offered by the company are posted on Q16the company website and updated frequently. Employees can register for these workshops online. [Crack IELTS with Rob] Before signing up for a particular work shop, employees should check with their supervisors to make sure they can be excused from their duties on the date of the workshop.
Employees who wish to receive professional development credit for attending workshops or courses offered elsewhere should provide their supervisor with materials describing the opportunity. Q17The supervisor will determine whether the workshop or course is pertinent to the employee’s work. After obtaining the supervisor’s approval, the employee can apply to the Human Resources Office for Q18tuition reimbursement if tuition is to be paid.
Employees attending any workshop offered by the company will receive a certificate of attendance. [Crack IELTS with Rob] The number of Q19professional development hours earned will be reported to the Human Resources Office by Q20the workshop organizer.1In order to receive professional development credit for a course or workshop offered outside the company, the employee must have the workshop organizer complete a company Proof of Attendance form, and the employee must then submit the form to the Human Resources Office within one month of the end date of the course. Timely submission of this form is required in order for credit to be granted. There are will be no exceptions.
Section 2 (Questions 21 - 27)
Hampford College Work-Study Program
Certain students at Hampford College may be eligible for the College Work-Study Program. To determine eligibility and to apply for the program, read the information below.
- The Hampford College Work-Study Program is open to all full-time Hampford College students, regardless of the particular study program in which they are enrolled. [Crack IELTS with Rob] Q21The program is not open to part-time students. Information on financial support programs for part-time students is available in the Counseling1 Center.
- Q22Before applying for a work-study position, the student must demonstrate financial need. To do this, complete the Statement of Financial Need Form, available in the Counseling Center.
- To apply for a work-study position, submit a letter of interest to the Work-Study Program Office, describing your skills and interests. [Crack IELTS with Rob] You may also, but are not required to, submit a resume describing any previous jobs you may have held. Q24Students both with and without an employment history are eligible for the program.
- Once you have been approved for the program, look at the help-wanted ads posted on the Counseling Center website. [Crack IELTS with Rob] All of the jobs are located at the col lege. You may apply for any job that you are interested in. Please note that job placement is subject to job availability. Q25While we make every effort to place all Work-Study Program students in a job, there are no guarantees.
- All work-study students must be students in good standing at the college; that is, Q26they must receive passing grades in all their courses in order to continue in the program the following semester.
- Work-study positions are generally for one year. Q27Students wishing to continue in the program after one year must resubmit their applications.
Questions 15 - 20
Complete the sentences below.
Choose NO MORE THAN TWO WORDS from the text for each answer.
Write your answers on boxes 15-20 on your answer sheet.
15. Employees can choose from professional development workshops and classes offered by or at local training centers or colleges.THE COMPANY
16. Employees can find out which workshops will be offered by looking at the .COMPANY WEBSITE
17. It is the responsibility of the to decide whether a workshop is relevant.SUPERVISOR
18. Employees who need help paying for a class or workshop can ask the Human Resources Office for .TUITION REIMBURSEMENT
19. The workshop presenter will let the Human Resources Office know how many hours the employee should be credited with.PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
20. Professional development credit will be granted for workshops taken outside of the company if a special form isfilled out by the .WORKSHOP ORGANIZER
Questions 21 - 27
Do the following statements agree with the information given in Section 2?
In boxes 21-127 on your answer sheet, write
TRUE if the statement agrees with the information
FALSE if the statement contradicts the information
NOT GIVEN if there is no information on this
21. The Work-StudY Program is available to all students at the college.FALSE
22. Work-study students must prove that they require monetary support.TRUE
23. Work-study students must choose a job that is related to their study program.NOT GIVEN
24. Previous work experience is required to participate in the Work-Study Program.FALSE
25. All students in the Work-Study Program will be given a job.FALSE
26. Work-study students cannot stay in the program if they receive failing grades.TRUE
27. Work-study students have to apply for the program every year.TRUE
Please click the red words below for other Sections in this Mock Test:
|Mock Test 12 | Reading Passage 1|
|Mock Test 12 | Reading Passage 3|
|Mock Test 12 | Writing Task 1|