WRITING TASK 1
You should spend about 20 minutes on this task.
The pie charts below give information about world consumption of resources and population.
Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant.
Write at least 150 words.
IELTS WRITING TASK 1 (ACADEMIC MODULE)
Here, we just provide some ideas for writing this task. You can write it based on your style.
- In this analysis, we will examine three pie charts. The first one is headed ‘World Spending.’ [Crack IELTS with Rob] The second is ‘World Population’ and the third is ‘Consumption of Resources.’
- In the first chart, we can see that people spend most of their income (24%) on food. In some countries, this percentage would obviously be much higher. Transport and then housing are the next major expenses at 18% and 12% respectively. Only 6% of income is spent on clothing.
- In the second chart entitled ‘World Population’, it is not surprising to find that 57% of people live in Asia. [Crack IELTS with Rob] In fact, China and India are two of the most populated countries in the world and they are both situated on this continent. Europe and the Americans account for nearly 30% of the total, whilst 10% of people live in Africa.
- Finally, the third chart reveals that the USA and Europe consume a huge 60% of the world’s resources. [Crack IELTS with Rob]
- To sum up, the major expenditure is on food, the population figures are the highest for Asia and the major consumers are the USA and Europe.
Please click the red words below for other Sections in this Mock Test:
|Mock Test 20 | Speaking Part 2|
|Mock Test 20 | Speaking Part 3|
|Mock Test 20 | Speaking Part 1|