1. Describe a time when you were really close to a wild animal
- Besides the animal you just spoke about, what other wild animals are there in your country (or, around where you live)?
- In general, what is the attitude of people in your country towards wild animals?
- In your country, are people’s attitudes towards wild animals today the same as people’s attitudes in the past?
- Are there any wild animals that you dislike? Why?
- Do you think it is right to keep wild animals in captivity all their life?
2. Describe a time when it is important to tell your friend a truth
- How do you know when others are telling lies? Telling the truth?
- Do you think we should tell the truth at all times?
- Do you think it's more important to win a game or follow the rules in sports?
- Should we violate the law/rule to win?
- Should we respect the law?
3. Describe a live sports event you watched before.
- What are the benefits of sport or exercise?
- What kinds of sports facilities exist in your community?
- Do you think children should be encouraged from a young age to participate in competitive sports or team sports?
- Are competitions helpful in building confidence?
- Do men and women play the same kind of sports?
4. Describe a film that made you laugh
- Why do people of all ages like cartoons?
- Why do some people like to make others laugh?
- Should teachers tell jokes in class?
5. Describe the first time you used a foreign language to communicate.
- Which one is easier between reading, writing, and daily communication?
- Why do people have to study foreign languages?
- How do English teachers teach English in your country? Any solutions to improve?
- Benefits of knowing a lot of languages? Study and work?
- Is academic writing necessary for science?
6. Describe a time when you tried a new food for the first time.
- Which group of people prefers to try new food, older or younger. Why?
- How do the elderly and the young eat differently?
- Do you think childhood tastes change when people grow up? Why?
- Do you believe in food shows or advertisements about food on TV?
- Is ads about food on TV reliable?
7. Describe a time that you gave advice to others
- Should we ask for advice from friends or family members?
- Why do old people sometimes have to ask advice from the youth?
- When do you need to be careful to give advice?
- What problem do you have when asking for advice too much?
- What do you have to prepare when giving advice?
8. Describe a time when you had to wait in a long line.
- What do people like to do while waiting in line?
- Why people nowadays are not in line?
- What measures could be done for shops or restaurants to make it faster (people take much time in a long line)?
- What could be implemented for companies to enhance customer services?
- Do you think customer services are important?
9. Describe a time when you had a problem with a piece of equipment
- Why do people use computers?
- Any disadvantages when using computers at home?
- Do you think people know that they are actually using computers in regular things such as washing machines?
- Should parents do something with children using computers?
10. Describe a time you made a promise to someone.
- What kinds of promises do parents make to their children?
- Why parents should keep their promise?
- Do you think children should be rewarded for keeping a promise?
- How do you feel when others break their promises?
- Do children also make promises to their parents?